What were we up to in the last period? Innovative articles and presentations, following the project objectives. We participated (online) at the 37th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission, at the Balkan Geophysical Society International Congress and at the 1st Croatian Conference on Earthquake Engineering, presenting:
- Toma-Danila D., Radulian M., Neagoe C., Cioflan C.O., Grecu B., Bala A., Manea E.F., Tiganescu A., Tataru D. (2021) Improving the configuration of seismic networks in urban areas in order to better understand local site effects and building vulnerability – Bucharest case study, 37th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission (online, 19-24 Sept 2021) (print screens attached)
- Toma-Danila D., Balan S.F., Molina S., Kharazian A., Armas I., D’Ayala D., Sun L., Tiganescu A., Vintila D., Cioflan C.O. (2021) Steps forward in rapid earthquake loss estimation for Romania, 37th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission (online, 19-24 Sept 2021)
- Toma-Danila D., Tiganescu A., Cioflan C.O., Ionescu C., Balan S.F. (2021) 10 years of rapid earthquake loss estimation in Romania: insights and foreseen improvements. Balkan Geophysical Society International Congress (online/Bucharest, Romania, 10-15 Oct 2021)
- Bala A., Toma-Danila D. (2021) Shear-wave velocity database as key input for seismic site amplification models in Bucharest City, Romania. Balkan Geophysical Society International Congress (online/Bucharest, Romania, 10-15 Oct 2021)
- Tiganescu A., Toma-Danila D., Grecu B., Craifaleanu I-G., Balan S.F., Dragomir C.S. (2021) Current status and perspectives on seismic monitoring of structures and rapid seismic loss estimation in Romania, 1st Croatian Conference on Earthquake Engineering (1CroCEE), 22-24 March 2021, Zagreb, Croatia
Peer-reviewed research articles in highly visible journals will soon follow.
Also, on 10 November 2021, at 81 years after the major 1940 Vrancea earthquake, we launched on YouTube a video devoted to this important event, exploiting the information gathered within Pre-Quake and telling its lessons. Here it is: